From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of Richard Walker via
Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2018 18:41
To: leeds list
Subject: Re: [LU] Wigan from the air chair

Despite dominating possession and at times playing some good pass and move
football I find it worrying that we had to rely on a gifted goal to take 3
points. I also find it hard to believe that Wigan haven't lost at home since
Feb. The 4 players they have out must be bloody good.
Few other points. We are definitely a more balanced team with Douglas and he
makes a hell of a difference. His passes in field are excellent. At times I
think we are sloppy on the ball and when you're trying to play a move which
consists of 56 passes it only takes one bad one to render the previous 55
useless. It was frustrating to see simple balls played astray by us at times.
At the back all their pressure came from our mistakes. Cooper had a poor game
and he continues to play on the edge and you just know against better teams
he's going to cost us.
Having said that yet again we've come to a ground where we just don't ever get
success and totally outplay them and you have to say what a job Bielsa has
done. That incident in the second half when they broke with one player and 7 of
our players sprinted back to support and crowd him whilst there wasn't a blue
shirt in sight typfied how fit a team we are. With Forshaw playing I think we
are at times all the time and giving them little time to play.
Top of the league again, this is no Christianson team. Bring on the Baggies.
Scores from the armchair:
Peacock - 5. Didn't organise his wall well for the goal but apart from that and
one decent punch from a corner he had nothing to do.
Dallas - 7. I thought this was his best game for Leeds - that's twice I've said
that this season and he's starting to get a bit of confidence and I like the
way he linked up with Hernandez throughout. Having said that he was playing
right back and didn't have to do too much defending. Also when he did get into
good positions his final ball let him down.
Douglas - 8. Again he didn't have to do too much defending and to be honest I'm
not sure his defending is his best skill but he is always in control and really
makes a difference to us going forward.
Cooper - 5. Not at it today.
Jansson  - 7. Did all the defending that needed doing. Should have done better
with his header from the corner first half.  Philips - 8. This was the perfect
game for him. They had no pace and he just mopped up and tackled efficiently
all afternoon. The commentators were drooling again and I take my hat off to
the lad he's doing well however it will be that lack of pace that will let him
down against opposition attacking midfielders with pace.
Forshaw - 8. Love this lad. Not evrything came off but he was everwhere. I read
that he is the fittest in this team , so he must be bloody fit.
Klich - 8. The amount of ground he covers is astonishing. He makes runs all day
long and his run and assist for the goal was typical of his play this season.
Great player.
Alioski - 4. Frustrating player. Offsid, fouling, cheating, feigning injury and
not contrbuting much at all was a summary of his game. I would like to see
Shackleton or Clarke given a run in his position.
Hernandez - 7. Another goal and some good intelligent player. Then on the other
hand som real sloppiness at times and I hated his play acting. Get up you
lightweight.
Roofe - 7. Got gifted his goal but I thought in spells he looked sharp and
showed quick feet. I think he's on top of his game at the moment but I still
don't think he leads the line well. He's a yard quicker this season no doubt
but still not quick and I don't think he's strong enough in the area.
Subs:
Shackleton - thought he was dynamic when he came on just a shame he didn't
score with his chance. What a great young prospect though.
Great win, top of the league, a team transformed. Well done Bielsa.

    On Sunday, 4 November 2018, 14:34:58 GMT, Richard Walker via Leedslist