Basically job done, and by the end done in a convincing manner.Bristol were
awful and if their manager really believes that they would have won if not for
the red card then he must be the most delusional manager ever!
We pretty much controlled this game from start to finish and they never managed
a shot or chance worthy of the namePre game we were pretty worried and were
concerned how a debutant keeper, centre half and Dallas at right back would
fare. Or to quote Tone we have one proper  defender in the back five (he is not
a fan of Coopers)
We expected them to try and put Huffer and Halme especially under pressure but
they totally failed to do that.It is much too soon to say whether either of the
2 lads have a real future in the game but they both did well enough today -
Huffer deal with easy shots and crosses with ease - his distribtuion was a bit
suspect at times and he nearly gave them a chance when he delayed too long on
the ball , but all in all a very good debut. We all agreed he looked a bit like
Joe HartHalme is very tall and he also looked decent enough and won a few in
the air and was good in the tackle and composed on the ball for the most part,
but again Bristol failed to really test himThe first half was one of those
totally forgettable games - nothing of any real note happened and neither side
really created any good clear cut chances but we did control it for most of the
time
At the start of the second half we stepped it up a gear and started to put them
under real pressure - Roofe should have scored and then Alioski blew a real
chance instead of scoring or putting it on a plate for RoofeThe general
impression in the stands was that if we kept this up the goal(s) would come and
we would win.Then came the incident which basically cemented that point of view
- a wild tackle on the half way line - we all went "that's a booking" as soon
as he did it. We were correct albeit mainly surprised that he was already on a
yellow and so got a red (from a ref who mostly kept his cards to himself)From
then on it was a case of could we go on and do the necessaryTo make sure we did
 Bielsa took off Alioski (first time all season ?) and Halme and brought on
Saiz and HarrisonThese changes were successful and it became a question of how
many we would score - we had a few chances from then on with Harrison missing
the best of them when he took miles too longThe breakthrough came when Pablo
hit the ball across goal and Roofe tapped it in.We did worry a little bit that
at 1=0 we would be vulnerable to any corner or free kick into the box but felt
that the one goal would be enough reallyDouglas had a great shot tipped over
and then the game was put beyond doubt when Siaz put a lovely ball in and Pablo
headed home 2 -0 and game overSo decent games from Huffer and Halme - both of
whom can be confident if they are called upon on TuesdaySaiz looked bright when
he came on as did Baker.Dallas did enough to keep the fans off his backPhillips
was man of the match for me, especially in the first half when he was wherever
he was needed and always did what we needed him to do
So not the greatest game or performance but a nice way to rebound after the
hammering at West Brom and a comfortable result given the injury problems - to
keep a clean sheet with the back 5 we had is no mean feat.For Bristol - they
were awful and the manager will be sacked if they lose in  midweek
So a full house , total sell out, went home happy. A similar result on Tuesday
and we can forget about the West Brom result
Dave

    On Saturday, 24 November 2018, 18:54:57 GMT, Richard Walker via Leedslist