Surely by far the biggest game was the Bristol Rovers one ? Fail to win that
and we would have dropped into the play offs and more likely than not lost, and
ended up with at least one more season in the 3rd Division with the subsequent
drop in crowds, revenue and importance.
Saturday is a big game but with 15 or whatever to go after that, including WBA
& Sheff U, no single match is THAT important at this stage.
The main thing for next week is the fact that for once Bielsa may have options
in team selection. Does he bring back Pontus at CB, if so what does he do with
Phillips ? - if he plays Phillips in midfield then can he accommodate both
Klich and Forshaw ? Make Klich number 10 and put Pablo on the wing and drop
Harrison (who had his best game for us yesterday) What about left back if
Douglas is fit ? Does he bring him back or keep Alioski there, Alioski has
started every game so if he is not left back does he go back on the wing in
place of Clarke (who can then be used as an impact sub). Then he has to decide
if Roberts has done enough to earn a starting place?
All good problems, much easier to sort than "can anyone play left back / right
back / centre half / centre forward  / keeper since our first two choices are
missing", as has happened in all these positions at least once this season
(hence games for Davis,  Shackleton, Halme, Roberts, Huffer in these
positionsWith Bamford  & Brown also supposedly playing for u23s on Monday and
therefore getting that bit nearer to at least a place on the bench, things are
looking up. Get James or whoever in as well and this just may be the season we
are hoping for
Dave
    On Saturday, 26 January 2019, 22:29:03 GMT, Damian Walsh