I enjoyed the game, and good for my six year old to get a win for his first
game at Elland Road. Another LUFC sufferer has joined the ranks!

Personally, I thought Bamford did OK against a back three on his own, but
was always going to struggle especially when Pontus has briefed Brentford
so well on exactly how we play. First half we weren’t able to pass and
rotate out of defence to midfield and attack - credit to Brentford for
easily spotting and killing every midfield rotation. Not helped by Pablo’s
atrocious passing. Phillips had to mop up continually, almost playing as a
third centre half most of the game. Not quite got the passing to be the
Yorkshire Pirlo yet mind.

When Costa and Eddie came on we switched formation with two up front, and
allowed Alioski to push further up. 4 against 3 did the trick, and I
believe it’s Bamford’s brilliant movement that draws two defenders to the
near post allowing Eddie to tap in from well inside the far post.

It’s a vulnerable system that pays off in the last 20 when the opposition
are tired, but I would like to see Eddie and Bamford together for 90
minutes.