Totally one sided game in which Derby offered nothing and I mean nothing until
the last 10 minutes when they had a couple of half chances and then the goal.
When Chris Martin came on it was inevitable that he would score and everyone
knew it. Despite totally dominating the game and having half a dozen decent
chances it was just a matter of time before Derby grabbed an equaliser. In
fact, the only suprising thing for me was that they didn't go on to win it in
injury time.
Bielsa doggedly stuck to the same 11 - lets face it why wouldn't he ? Unless of
course you considered it took us 84 minutes to break down an average Barnsley
team and that only happened when the subs came on. I think we're struggling at
home when teams sit back. Even our goal was lucky with Dallas's shot rebounding
off the keeper and then off another Derby player into the net. Bamford who
worked hard and many chances but he looks anxious and you wouldn't back him at
the moment to score in any situation. They saw competition is good but in
Bamford's case I feel he knows Eddie is waiting and you can see it is affecting
his play and not in a positive way.
Time and time again in the first half we got ourselves into great positions but
time and time again Harrison failed to cross or pass the ball. His final ball
has been missing all season to the point now it's becoming a big problem. I
don't think Harrison has delivered this season yet and I feel Costa is unlucky
not to start.
I think with Shackleton, Klich and Philips all playing centrally we are a bit
too samey and a bit too predictable at times. How about playing Costa and
Harrison on the wings with Pablo more central ? Maybe that would take a bit of
the pressure off Harrison.
Bielsa's subs came later yesterday and that was probably because we were
winning but I think if he'd brought Eddie and Costa on around 60 minutes we
would have won the game. I also believe Eddie would have bagged at least a goal
if he'd started.
Mind you, Kilch penaly miss was awful and to miss the goals is criminal.
Overall, I don't think I've seen us dominate a game so much. Derby deserved
nothing, absolutely nothing. They were outplayed totally but this is Leeds and
we didn't expect anything else.
Kiko - 6. Nowt to do other than one near f*ck up and pick the ball out of the
back of the net.
Dallas - 8. I thought he did well as a right winger.
Allioski - 7. I thought he played well and came forward at every opportunity.
Cooper - 7. Snuffed out every minor Derby forward movement.
White - 8. As above but more comfortable on the ball.
Shackleton - 6. He was busy but I can't actually remember him doing anything
constructive ?
Pablo - 6. Not on his game. First half passes were going astray as usual.
Klich - 6. Horrendous penalty miss. Worked hard.
Harrison - 4. One decent shot but failed everytime with his crossed.
Philips - 8. I thought like Barnsley he was our best player.
Bamford - 6. Good work for the penalty and he really put a shift in but should
have scored.
Subs:
Costa - 6. Had a few runs but didn't make good use of the ball.
Eddie - 6. Didn't have any chances.
So that's Forest, Swansea and Derby where we have dominated every game but yet
have come away with 2 points out of 9. There's only one thing that will stop us
getting promotion this season and that is us.