At the moment we have 2 teams breaking away, with none of those in the pack
below showing much consistency, this midweek especially. If that continues
(touch wood!) then we won't need that high a points total to secure 2nd place.
    On Thursday, 12 December 2019, 17:25:28 GMT, <ni...@sykesonline.com> wrote:

 I know what you mean Richard - it does feel like that.

But the cold facts are that at this point last season there has actually been
about 20% more draws than this year (79 versus 66)

Nigel
(the Dublin one)

-----Original Message-----
From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> On Behalf Of Robert Heath
Sent: 12 December 2019 17:12
To: Richard Naef <rich...@triumph-computers.co.uk>
Cc: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: Re: [LU] Promotion

I have a probably irrational feeling that this season (even though it would be
entirely uncharacteristic of Leeds to benefit this way of course) the number of
points needed for 2nd might be a little lower. My reason for this is that I
sense there have been an above average number fo draws in our division this
year.......and every time there is a draw, 1 point is sucked out of the system,
never to be replaced.

In the old days, we used to have stattoes on this list who would have been able
to confirm a) if there have been more draws than usual, and b) if that can lead
to a lower points total needed for promotion. But in their absence, I suppose
I'll have to just keep on with the tarot cards and the voodoo dolls.