Only met Guy a handful of times, but as you say a true one off, the world is a
less interesting place tonight.

Sent from my Mobile.

________________________________
From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of John Lee via
Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:57:31 PM
To: john <j...@boocock.net>
Cc: leedslist@gn.apc.org <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: Re: [LU] Guy "the cat" Thornton

That really is the saddest news possible.

Over the years I’ve met Guy whenever we were in Amsterdam - beer was always a
feature. We last met a couple of years back in In De Wildeman, Guy’s spiritual
home, along with Roger Goodair, and I was also training up an apprentice - my
lad Danny. After sampling many delights from the beer menu, laughs galore (Gay
Tourist Info service featured as I recall), my last sighting of Guy was him on
his bike, his crutch in a hockey-stick holder, weaving his way unsteadily down
Nieuwendijk, one leg stuck out to the side after his tram collision. I had to
contact him later for peace of mind to make sure he’d made it home.

The best company you could wish for, fabulously interesting, knowledgeable in a
million and one random subjects, an encyclopaedic knowledge of drinking
establishments, and the founder of the lists breakaway cycling group.

I’ll miss him very much indeed - a true one-off.

Love, Peace & United

Da Rev
Church of the Real Man/Yorkshire Man

> On 21 Jan 2021, at 21:05, john <j...@boocock.net> wrote:
>
> Such sad news about Guy.  A true friend (because if you fell out with him it
> didn't last long). A man with a woolly hat. A man with an extensive knowledge
> of beer. A quality journalist. A fully paid up member of the MOALM. A man who
> guarded the onion bag for Scarborough. A man who came to Worldnet. A man with
> a push bike. A man who went drinking with the chief of police in Eindhoven. A
> man who led the Benelux branch of LUSC. A man who loved Le Tour. The list is
> endless.Guy, You will be in good company old lad, but there are those of us
> still here who will miss you until we meet again in that great Beer Festival
> in the sky.Rest in Peace you lovely man.Sent from the passenger seat of an
> imaginary Austin A40......

> Dorigo's Right Buttock...

Rest in Peace Guy, and wear your hat!