From: "John Lee via Leedslist" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
To: "Leeds List 2010" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Sunday, 16 Jan, 22 At 17:10
Subject: [LU] West ‘Am - the sequel
What a brilliant result - well deserved too, and had Bowen equalised at the end it would have been really harsh. So, the London curse is broken, we’re 9 points above the relegation spots, and IF we can beat Newcastle we’ll be mid-table. Lots of commentator talk about Raphinha leaving - can’t see that happening in the January window (I hope). I loved Dan James’s tackling and closing down today - he really worked hard! Good to see Rodrigo back, although not great to see him offside for the 4th goal, dozy bugger! I reserved much of my early-match criticisms for Luke Ayling, but he created the first, made some great runs, and I lost count of the number of times he got a defensive toe in first. Presumably he was just getting his range with his early mis-placed/suicidal passes? Bate had a much better cameo today, and Hjelde again looks like a good player. Good to see Struijk/Koch being much more solid against Antonio than Llorente too.
The 3 points feel so much better than an FA Cup win!
MOT!