I think that's slightly unfair on Bielsa, Rob. The "second division
journeymen" are largely players he inherited - Ayling, Dallas, Cooper,
Phillips,  Forshaw, Klich, even Roberts. To that he added Meslier, Bamford,
Koch, Llorente, Raphinha, Rodrigo and James - so I don't think the plan is
to buy low-grade players that he can make adequate; the plan is to buy *the
best players Leeds United can afford to buy*, and if that requires buying
Dan James and turning him into a striker (rather than dropping £150m on
Harry Kane or something), that's just the way things are.

Ed.

--
Ed Morrish
e...@morrish.org | 07870657825