My last game that year was West Ham at Upton Park where we amazingly
(because it was completely against the run of play) lost 4-3. We should
have lost 4-2 because they scored their 4th goal in the 89th minute and we
only had 2, but Bryan Flynn, obviously pissed off(*), took the ball from
kick-off and strode it through the entire11-man WHU team to score. One of
the best individual goals I've ever seen and one that Maradonna made a pale
attempt to copy 4 years later in Mexico. I was in the Upton Park South
Stand, home of the Tinies (avr age 14, evil as fuck), and nearly gave
myself away by not applauding the Mighty Flynn as all the WHU fans did.

Apart from going down, the other memories of that year were the scurrilous
songs about Argentina that are unrepeatable nowadays.

(*) was it because we were losing or was it because it was Trevor Brooking
who scored? Either reason is complete justification :)

Damian

BTW any Danes on the list these days?