Just a couple of historic notes. From memory, I think Bridges suffered his knee injury in the away game at Besitkas, not the home game when we put six past them. And one home game slightly more recently than 2001 when we scored 6 at home was the 6-1 win over QPR in the 2004/5 season.

Tim W.

------ Original Message ------
From: "nattan--- via Leedslist" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
To: "leeds list" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Monday, 1 Aug, 22 At 11:04
Subject: [LU] 6 -2
Trying to remember last time I saw us score 6 at home - probably forgotten at least one, but last i recall was Besitkas in champions league 2001 - thnk was when Bridges did his knee, so from that point if view it was a good day. Went for a beer in Manchester and my son, in his shirt was pleased to get a Leeds salute from a lad at the bar, still great when that happens. Train was delayed by 15 mins due to " overcrowding " love the railway system. Anyway got to Leeds in time to watch the Lionesses - plan was watch first half then taxi to ER to watch second half in Fanzone. Plan worked well till got to ER and saw the length of the queues to get in , so sacked off watching Emgkand game to get in the ground. No idea why queues were so bad - once you got to the turnstile it was easy enough, just put your phone with ticket under the scanner - simple. The line up was odd - as near the first team as possible ( with Sinisterra injured) but the subs , klich excepted, were all kids, so we knew the plan was for everyone to get the full 90. Everything from here on must be read with the caveat that it was a pre session friendly v quite poor opposition. Any comparison I make with ex players is to give an idea of their style. We looked good at times and all 4 of the new boys impressed in different ways. Adam's looked neat and tidy Sort of Batty type, tidied things up kept it simple, nothing flashy and will not shine on TV but will live. A players player rather than fans favourite. Kristensen on the other hand will be a cult hero - ended the game with a bandage round his head after a bad clash of heads ( hope concussion protocols let him play next week) he was Danny Mils , tough and uncompromising and went rampaging up the wing to good effect but more power than finesse. Will be a hit. Roca looked to be the new Yorkshire Pirlo , sitting deep at times and spraying passes around usually to good effect, looks a decent player. Aaronson had a hand in 3 goals , sublime ball through to Bamford ( albeit defender should have cut it out) , good run and shot / cross that Rod tapped in, and a nice free kick that Koch headed home. Likes to run with the ball and was busy. Again could be decent, Best bits of the game- Bamfords 2 goals- first he was put through with time to think and finished well, he loved it. Second a proper poachers goal right time right place. Rodrigo- hat trick perhaps, one may be og, is this the turning point or yet another false dawn ? Will need to repeat this to stop crowd getting at him - still lots to prove Bad bits - we need a left back and Struik is not a left back , he offered nothing going forward in a system that relies on full backs getting forward for width - a big worry Even worse was our total inability to deal with balls over the top / down the sides, both goals and 2 other chances came from simple long balls down the channels- Wolves will be licking their lips. So plenty of good stuff but some major worries too - we will know more once the real football starts - but 6 goals should help confidence We had the worst seats in the ground - I pity anyone who gets seats 125 and 126 in N11 row A - right by the entrance barriers, people constantly walking past / standing in front of you, made worse yesterday by a dickhead who insisted on standing there looking back at the crowd singing the Neville incest song - nutter, was moved on 4 times by very patient stewards but kept coming back