Yes, the cutting out mid-week drinking plan for me went astray last night. I
just feel totally empty after that performance which was one of the worst. I
think we've 2 maion problems:
1) The manager 2) The players
First of all, have you ever seen a Leeds team set up so negatively at home for
a match. I can't rememeber. We just let Liverpool have the run of the park and
then tried to feed on scraps when their attacks broke down. It was quite
effective for a while but it was only ever going to end one way. After half
time, Gracia tried to get his players to step up the pitch and we looked better
for 10 mins but then they just took control. Liverpool's away record is poor.
Why did we show them so much respect ? Surely we should have gone after them
from the start with Summerville, Gnonto and Sinisterra leading the line.
Rodrigo isn't fit.I think he has to go today and yes that's seems impossible
but how can we stay up with such a negative manager ?
As for the players, it's desperate. Mckennie and Roca is like watching Okon and
Aizlewood. Neither can run, neither have got the fight or the ability to get us
out of this mess and control the midfield. Roca can pass a ball when he's got
oceans of space and isn't under pressure (Forest) but put him under a bit of
pressure and he crumbles. Mckennie is a fat lad who without his lacky Adams
looks lost.
Meslier looks like a keeper who has given up - I would be tempted to put the
reserve keeper in.
I've never been convinced about Struijk and I think we all know now he's not a
PL centre back. His best performance have come at left back but even there he
looks uncomfortable.
It's come to the point when actually I think Cooper and Ayling have to play. At
very least, you know they are going to die for the cause. Last night, we saw
Rutter come on and tippy toe around the park to the final whistel where he
rushed to Firmino to get his shirt and congratulate him. £35 million ! Beggars
belief
Aaronson is a trier but the fact is he isn't good enough. Far too lightweight.
I could go on, but I think we're doomed. Not sure where we go from here.
12:30 Saturday I suppose.

    On Tuesday, 18 April 2023 at 01:36:10 BST, Nicholas Armit via Leedslist