Bit late to this, but yes, Dave, pretty much agree with that.

Ayling and Cooper are creaking - despite Cooper’s cracking goal - for Cooper
the judgement now is whether his undoubted leadership qualities makes up for
the declining / limited qualities as a defender. Hjelde looked at sea as a left
back. Dan James is fast and unguided - he doesn’t do enough with the ball once
he has it, hopefully we will get a fit and engaged Harrison back soon

On the plusses though Cresswell and Byram came on and did well - Byram added
some zip and confidence down the left. Looking forward to seeing what Drameh
can bring as well - we might have a decent and young back five in a couple of
weeks. I suspect it is not worth getting too hung up on Meslier, who I think is
a fine young keeper but who is shell-shocked after the last 18 months behind
our defence - the same could be said of Struijk - because who knows how long
Meslier will remain at the club.

Gray and Ampadu were quality in the middle - Ampadu gets his foot in, and makes
good use of the ball, while Gray looks very accomplished - hope his progress
continues.

The kind of total football forward line of Sinisterra, Somerville and Gnonto
(and James) where everyone doesn’t really have a position, but just roam and
cause havoc where they can, really looks like a promising way forward…if we can
keep everyone - or most of them given we have Jack H and Poveda - who came on
and had a very effective 20 minutes or so - to factor in.

Promising indeed.

Nick