One quirk is that all three goals in the first half were scored by former Leeds academy players, including the kind contribution from Leif Davis.
As well as having three different Dutchmen on the scoresheet.
------ Original Message ------
From: "Richard Walker via Leedslist" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
To: "nat...@sky.com" <nat...@sky.com>; "leeds list" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>; "John Lee" <bruvvalee...@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, 24 Dec, 23 At 09:43
Subject: Re: [LU] Tractor boys
Great win but not perfect as some are saying. We put ourselves under loads of pressure early doors with the aimless passing across the back and Meslier didn’t help with some really poor kicking straight into touch.But once we got going we were good value and the 2nd half was the best we’ve played this season as Ipswich never really had a kick and ended up making multiple subs not to win the game but to protect players for their game against Leicester on Boxing Day.The Piroe / Rutter 10/9 combination worked as it tends to do in home games where we have the momentum - it’s away games that are sometimes the problem. Summerville continues to look a threat every time he gets the ball and still in my eyes is the most exciting talent playing British football in any league. Big bids incoming ! Great pen as well.Piroe’s goal was top drawer even if we were a bit lucky in the build up. Archie Gray looked like a right back and he is starting to get more confident going forward. I remember Ian Snodin converting to right back from central midfield and ended up playing for England and would have had a lot more caps had he not got injured. Who knows with Archie ? Although I think he’s got too much to offer in midfield.Ipswich fans couldn’t sell their tickets and looked like they realised that it might not be a stroll for them this season. Leif Davis has been getting the plaudits this season as the best left back in the division. I think not. He’s another left back who can’t defend. Ok going forward but really suspect in defence. His own goal was a highlight.The South Stand sang ‘you’ve seen Firpo now fuck off home’ which made me smile.
Bring on Preston
Meslier - 6. Nothing to do, kicking rubbish.
Gray - 8. Majestic
Spence - 8. Great attacking in first half. Unfortunately everytime he got himself into a great position in the box his left foot cross let him down.
Rodon - 8. Comfortable
Struijk - 8. Ditto
Ampadu - 8. Some great interceptions
Kamara - 7. Battling performance
Summerville- 9. Class
Piroe - 8. Much needed performance and top class goal with his wrong foot
James - 7. Great first half an hour but his final ball remains poor.
Rutter - 9. Top performance- his vision / passing is fantastic and today he battled like a no 9.
Subs - not sure Bamford touched the ball others didn’t do much
Happy Christmas !
On Saturday, December 23, 2023, 5:46 pm, nattan--- via Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org> wrote: Merry Christmas everyone. What a start to the festive season. A must win game was won ( in the end at a canter) They had one snap shot that hit the post at 2-0 and created no other, even half chances throughout the game.3 0 flattered us a bit at half time as we got the luck and the rub of the green a few times but by the end there was a real gulf in class as we destroyed them. A corner in the first 10 mins ( " lets score a scruffy goal from a corner