Apart from all that we also need Liverpool to win the league, as they did in the last three seasons when we have been promoted to the top division (in 1964, 1990 and 2020). That could happen. That is of course the reason that it took so long for us to get promoted back to the Premier League, as we had to wait for them to break their 30 spell of not winning the league.

Watching the EFL highligts last night it was deeply hilarious to see Ipswich go 3-0 down in the manner they did, but I fear that Kieffer Moore will be an excellent loan signing for them and get a few goals by the end of the season.

       ------ Original Message ------
       From: j...@boocock.net
       To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
       Sent: Sunday, February 4th 2024, 08:49
       Subject: [LU] The Story So Far

Ipswich's defeat by Preston confirms that our principle barrier to automatic promotion should be based on maintaining consistency in our results, followed closely by squad fitness and only then by hoping Southampton get deducted 10 points for er, being Southampton. Why do I say this? Well mainly because our situation has always been in our own hands. Think Wendies, Rotherham, Sunderland, etc etc..

As regards a cup run, half of me thinks "ah the magic of the cup" and the other half thinks "it is adiversion from the real target". Mind you the thought of winning the cup, staying in this rather lovely league and laughing at Liverpool as we beat them at Wembley plus a trip round Europe has it's merits.

One other thought, I feel our on field discipline is the best I have ever seen (excluding the red card issues which seem to have been resolved). If I had time I would look into this further. (Where are the Stattos when we need them?)

In the past three years I have seen every Leeds match bar one from the comfort of the armchair (thank you whoever dreamt up Amazon's Firestick) and, although I miss being on Row W, the Adolphi and the fun of "Spadge Tours" to Europe, at 70 I am happy with my lot. Me and my mate Brian have had a lot of fun doing this much to the amusement of our fellow villagers in the pub either before or after matches. They are mainly Mags or Mackems and they provide us with lots of fun. I mean only drawing four all with a big club like Luton. And what fun when they played each other in the cup.

I digress. Anyway here's to a season which continues to keep my attention firmly fixed on the league and a season where we remain unbeaten at home.

 Betty

 Dave Dowden, a legend, a Totty Twin, a pie man! R.I.P.