Dave,

Was thinking the same thing myself - very surprised to not see him on
Tuesday.

Then I read this article, and wondered if he was being put in his place a
touch?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8350706.stm

*Leeds striker Mike Grella says his chances with the United States are being
thwarted because he is unable to break into the Leeds first team.*

Substitute Grella scored his second goal for the club in the 2-0 FA Cup
first round victory at Oldham.

The 22-year-old American told BBC Radio Leeds: "If you don't play, you're
not going to get into the national side.

"I was always part of the national squad at under-20 and under-18 level and
stuff like that."

He added: "I've always been very close, but it seems I'm just out of reach
for anything to materialise now, just because I'm not getting any minutes
[at Leeds]."

Grella, who has signed a three-year-deal at Elland Road, has started in only
five of his 23 appearances for United.


2009/11/12 DAVID NATTAN <[email protected]>

> After he came on at Oldham and scored with some style I expected him to at
> least be on the bench on Tuesday. I was even more surpised when I watched
> the highlights of the reserve game on LUTV to find he did not feature in
> that squad either.
> I have not heard that he is injured nor that he has been picked for USA (or
> indeed Italy) so anyone know what has happened.
> Also what is the score with Crowe - is he injured ?
>
> As for the reserves, once again (in the brief highlights) Enoch looked
> good, scoring one, hitting the woodwork, sailing a couple of shots just past
> the post, and flicking on well for Somma to finish (with some aplomb)
>
> Dave
> _______________________________________________
> the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators
> accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors.
> Leedslist mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
> Volame vsechny Cechy
>
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors.
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Volame vsechny Cechy
  • [LU] Grella DAVID NATTAN
    • Re: [LU] Grella Andy Clayton

Reply via email to