Press Release:

Football Fans from across Europe are to visit Spain to celebrate after the
world cup: "We're just kicking off!"
Just one week after the FIFA World Cup final in South Africa: Football
Supporters from 35 countries will gather in Barcelona for the 3rd European
Football Fans' Congress 2010 from 16-18 July 2010.
Under the motto "Money Can't Buy Passion!" more than 270 participants,
amongst them fans' representatives from local fans' groups and various
national fans' organisations speaking on behalf of more than 2 million
football supporters across Europe in total, will come together in Barcelona
to celebrate the 3 day event organised by the fans' network Football
Supporters Europe (FSE). The football family in Barcelona is also supporting
the gathering: the main parts of the event will take place in the Estadi
Cornellà-El Prat, home ground of RCD Espanyol, whereas the comprehensive
framework programme will be kicked-off by a welcome reception at FC
Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium.
Topics of discussion in six workshops will not only be the World Cup in
South Africa and the just upcoming EURO2012 but also issues like sanctions,
the economics of football, ultra culture, female football supporters and
supporters liaison officers at clubs as a model for Europe. In the 2nd
Annual General Meeting of FSE taking place on Sunday, FSE members will
jointly elect their Committee, the executive board of the network, for the
next year.
The football supporters will be joined by a range of officials from
different institutions and football governing bodies across Europe ranging
from national Football Associations and Professional Leagues to national
governments, e.g. the Spanish and German Professional League as well as the
Belgian and the UK Home Office. Furthermore, delegates from the Council of
Europe and an EU Football Experts Think Tank will be present as well as
several representatives from UEFA. The Europea! n Football Federation UEFA
also supported the organisation of the event that was carried out jointly
with various fans' groups and national fans' bodies across Spain.
FSE Committee member Emilio Abejón from Spain representing the Spanish
national fans' organisation FASFE will welcome all participants together
with Mr William Gaillard, Advisor to the President at UEFA, a member of the
Spanish National Sports Council and a member of Espanyol's board in the
official opening of the formal congress programme on Saturday.
Emilio Abejón, FSE Committee/FASFE, Spain:" As recent developments in our
game show conclusively, European football cannot afford to ignore supporters
for longer. Issues such as football clubs declaring bankruptcy and leaving
their fans without the clubs they founded and funded for generations are
dramatic for fan communities Also, the traditional unfair treatment of match
going supporters in what regards to kick-off times, ticketing and
sanctioning cause serious problems to football fans all over Europe. This is
why Football Supporters Europe has been created, to represent our viewpoints
as supporters and to try to solve these problems through dialogue with other
stakeholders, football governing bodies and authorities on our continent"
Daniela Wurbs, FSE Coordinator: "We're glad that we're still able to break
new records every year! With fans from 35 countries in Barcelona we can
welcome fans from more countries at our event than ever before and despite
our young history. This clearly underlines the ongoing interest in our
activities and the genuine spirit we want FSE to stand for: football fans
united and sharing loads of common fields of interest that need to be
tackled together to make football better.. far beyond local rivalries. And
we're just kicking-off!
"Also, we're happy that we can welcome an increasing number of
representatives from different institutions and football governing ! bodies
in Europe at this year's congress, showing interest in a dialogue on equal
footing between fans and other bodies in football. We as FSE with all our
members believe that fans' involvement is the essential basis for any
problems or issues in football that should be tackled successfully and
sustainably."
Further information:
Kicked-off in 2008 at the 1st European Football Fans' Congress in London,
the Football Supporters Europe (FSE) is an independent, democratic and
representative network of football supporters in Europe, currently with
members from 35 countries - individual football supporters, locally active
fans' groups and initiatives and nationally active fans' organisations
representing more than 2 million football supporters in total. FSE is
campaigning for fans' rights on various issues and is the official
interlocutor on fans' issues for the European Football Association UEFA.
Further information on FSE is available via www.footballsupporterseurope.org
Information for media representatives:
We would be glad to welcome media representatives
at the welcome reception at Camp Nou stadium on Friday night (16 July)
from 18:30hrs
for the opening of the conference at Estadi Cornellà-El Prat  on Saturday,
17 July 2010 from 10.00hrs - 10.45hrs and for the conclusion session of
the congress workshops at 16.00hrs
at the presentation of the election results for the new executive board of
FSE at the Estadi Cornellà-El Prat on Sunday afternoon, 18 July 2010 at
approx. 14.00hrs
Please register at the registration desk at the stadium at Espanyol on
Saturday where you'll get further info!

Further information and media contact:
CONTACT FSE COORDINATION and CONGRESS ORGANISATION:
Football Supporters Europe eV
Coordinating Office, P.O. Box 50 04 03,  22704 Hamburg, Germany

Contact person: Daniela Wurbs (FSE Coordinator),
Tel.: +49 40 68 914 881
Mobile : +179 75 11 88 6
Email: d.wu...@footballsupporterseurope.org

Contact person in Spain: Emilio Abejón (FSE Committee/FASFE)
Mobile: +34 609670075
Email: e.abe...@footballsupporterseurope.org