From: Interactive Presentations Pty Ltd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: An open letter from Scott Balson to all One Nation brances

Dear One Nation branch

I am writing to you out of sadness, not anger.

You will have heard that I have been branded the latest of David Ettridge's
"white ants". I am responding to that allegation by sending you this email.

My "white ant" status follows my sincere pursuit of the truth following the
deregistration of One Nation in Queensland.

Introduction:
We have been advised by Ettridge that One Nation was, by insinuation, dudded
by Justice Atkinson. See Ettridge's letter "explaining" the deregistration
at this link: http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/onenation/ettridge.htm

However, my investigations have revealed that gross incompetence, secrecy
and deception are the hallmarks of One Nation's head office.

Consider these facts:

Status of the party's members in Queensland:
Pauline Hanson Support Movement was taken over by the two Davids under
questionable circumstance in early 1997. Bruce Whiteside, the founder of
PHSM, has an interesting perspective on this carried at:
http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/onenation/phsup.htm Whiteside was later
called a "white ant" by David Ettridge and shut out from contact with the
movement he started - the movement which launched Pauline Hanson's One
Nation. This same strategy has been used successfully time and again by
Ettridge.

Deregistration of One Nation in Queensland:
The Supreme Court found that you and your branch members are NOT members of
Pauline Hanson's One Nation but still members of Pauline Hanson's One Nation
Members inc.

   1. Pauline Hanson One Nation Ltd ACN 079 986 913 (the company). There were
five subscribers to the Memorandum and Articles of Association, Pauline
Hanson, David Ettridge, David Oldfield, Andrew Carne and Stephen Menagh.
   2. The unincorporated political party known as Pauline Hanson's One Nation
of which Pauline Hanson, David Ettridge and David Oldfield were the only
members.
   3. The incorporated support group known after the 3 February 1998 as
Pauline Hanson's One Nation Members Inc. By design the members voting rights
of this group are obviously confined to the support group and they have no
voting rights in the actual political party.
See the Judge's ruling at:
http://www.austlii.edu.au/do/disp.pl/au/cases/qld/QSC/1999/190.html?query=Sh
arples

Your bank account name:
When, in January 1999, Manly office instructed you to change your bank
account from Pauline Hanson's One Nations Members Inc to Pauline Hanson's
One Nation (location) branch they were actually instructing to move your
funds from the control of the old PHSM to Pauline Hanson's One Nation
Limited. See: http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/99a/phnov1.gif.html

This is highly irregular because:
Members remain in the Pauline Hanson's One Nation Members Inc TODAY as:
1) We have not accepted the Pauline Hanson's One Nation flawed constitution
(which has cost $80,000 in legal fees to develop in accordance with the
wishes of the two Davids).
2) PHSM is still a legal entity in its own right recognised by the State
Office of Fair Trading. See:
http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/99a/phnov5.gif.html. PHSM, unlike PHON, has a
valid constitution.
3) The correct procedure to enlist members into the Pauline Hanson's One
Nation "political party" from Pauline Hanson's One Nation Members' Inc
requires all members to vote on a "special resolution" to legitimise this
move. This never happened. In other words members of Pauline Hanson's One
Nation Members Inc were never informed of the implication of this name
change or given the opportunity to vote on making this move to a separate
legal entity. Why did Manly ignore the rules?

Hanson's position as leader under threat:
If the appeal is lost, which is quite likely. Pauline Hanson could be
charged for fraud. David Oldfield recently distanced himself from our
deregistration problems in Queensland saying, "I have no relationship with
the Queensland party in any shape or form".
The Age see: http://www.theage.com.au/news/19991117/A47559-1999Nov16.html

It is quite clear that Oldfield is preparing himself for a takeover of the
party leadership.

Meanwhile Pauline Hanson has gone overseas on "family business" for two
months yet we are kept in the dark by Manly.

My recent comments critising Manly's activities in my on-line newspaper have
been overwhelmingly supported by One Nation readers. They are not meant to
"destroy One Nation". They are intended to force the truth out, remove the
deception and force the issue with Manly office. This has been recognised by
the many people who follow my page.

I happily resigned as One Nation webmaster because the party's future and
the ISSUES we represent are more important than me.

I have since been banned from attending any One Nation meetings in NSW
following a split vote at a State Executive meeting a week ago attended by
both Davids.

The money trail:
Consider these facts:
1) Over $3 million spent in just 12 months by Manly office.
2) $1.2 million (nealy half of that) spent on getting David Oldfield into
the NSW Parliament.
3) $500,000 will probably have to be found if the party is deregitered in
Queensland. It is believed that Pauline has personally gone as guarantor.
4) $80,000 spent on legal expenses on a constitution designed by the two
Davids which was rejected by the membership at the last AGM. The
constitution still remains in limbo today.

Expelling "white ants":
Anyone who dares challenge any one of the directors of Pauline Hanson's One
Nation limited are automatically expelled from the party and labelled "white
ants".

Consider this account by "white ant" Alan Esson. See:
http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/onenation/whiteant1.htm

Esson reports how Australia's largest One Nation branch at Hervey Bay was
dessimated by the incompetence of Manly office in late 1997.

Where to now?
Obviously we all joined One Nation because of the issues. These issues will
not go away.

In the last 12 months the membership of One Nation has been terminal decline
largely because of the perception of ineptitude and the autocratic control
exercised by Manly office. Queensland's membership has fallen from 3,700
twelve months ago to just 1,200 today.

If we do not change the structure we WILL become irrelevant in the political
arena.

I am calling on branch members and executives to carefully consider the
FACTS that I have raised above. We obviously have a problem.

One Nation Queensland:
Here in Queensland I am calling on members to fall in solidly behind the
Queensland MPs under Bill Feldman who now, more than ever, need your
support. Remember at their time of need David Oldfield has removed himself
from the ramifications facing THEM because of the Queensland party's
deregistration.

Be proactive - contact Ian Petersen, their political adviser, and see how
you can help (ph 07 3406 7111).

Remember at next Tuesday's Supreme Court appeal the Queensland MPs are the
ones who stand directly in the firing line - not the two Davids in Manly.

anyone but Ettridge's move to label me a "white ant". If you value the party
think about what I have said before dismissing this email as David Ettridge
would demand that you do.

BE INFORMED.

My membership status:
Finally you might have been told that I failed to renew my membership in May
this year.

My cheque stubs show that I sent a cheque for $40 to Manly office in April
this year. My bank accounts show that the cheque was never presented. I have
now been informed that I am "no longer a member of One Nation because I did
not renew my membership in May this year".

I never received a renewal advice or any correspondence from Manly office
querying my outstanding membership payment. It is only since receiving a
letter dated 17th November that I checked my bank records for the missing
$40 payment.

In any event I do not recognise the Pauline Hanson One Nation constitution
as we have not adopted it. This constitution was referred to when justifying
my non-membership status. In Queensland we are governed by the original
Pauline Hanson Support Movement constitution as we have never left the
movement.

I remain, as always, a member of Pauline Hanson's One Nation Members Inc. I
have dedicated thousands of hours to our cause and will continue to do so.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Scott Balson
Ex-Pauline Hanson's One Nation webmaster (NO WHITE ANT)