Dear Friends of the Women's Trust,

Our website is now up & running! Please visit us at http://www.vwt.org.au
and let us know what you think. There's even a merchandise page with
terrific women's books on sale - perfect for holiday reading gifts for the
women in your life (plug! plug!)

BACKROOM TO BOARDROOM
Our annual corporate fundraising dinner was held last week and was a great
success, raising over $40,000 for the work of the Trust. Sincere thanks to
our sponsors Hewlett-Packard Australia. Thanks also to our research
partners, the Clark Hummerston Group, and our keynote speaker Marianne
Broadbent.

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY 2000
The annual IWD lectures will be held on March 8 at North Melbourne Town
Hall. The theme is "Women of Spirit" and we have a wonderful lineup of
speakers: Olympic champion Raelene Boyle, Uniting Church minister Dorothy
McCrae-McMahon, Tibetan religious freedom campaigner Kelsung, singer &
Voodoun enthusiast Kerri Simpson, and Wurundjere elder Joy Murphy. Please
put the date in your diary. We are offering community groups the opportunity
to have a merchandise/info stall on the night at a nominal cost of $20.
Space for stalls is very limited, so if your group would like to
participate, please contact Sophie by email [EMAIL PROTECTED] or phone 9642
1295.

POSITION VACANT...
The Well Women's Services at the Royal Women's Hospital are seeking a
Women's Health Consumer Information Worker to co-ordinate publications,
promotion & marketing on women's health issues. This is a 6-month maternity
leave position. For further information please contact Meg Gulbin at
absolutely women's health 9344 2199 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

... POSITION WANTED
Rosemary Sangiorgio, a long-time volunteer at the Trust, is seeking
part-time or casual work. Rosemary is a much-loved member of our team and
I'm wondering whether anyone in the Trust networks may know of a suitable
position for her. Rosemary is deaf but communicates well and has great
keyboard and computer skills. Please contact Sophie at the Trust if you can
help.

warm regards,
Sophie Best
Fundraising & Public Relations Co-ordinator
Victorian Women's Trust
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. 9642 1295