DEAR EARTH MATTERS listeners and supporters!

This week the national edition of EARTH MATTERS will be a repeat (details
below) as 3CR is having its Radiothon and the show will be presented live
on 3CR in Melbourne.=20

SO, as many of you know, Earth Matters is only made possible through the
existence and support of 3CR Community Radio in Melbourne. If you'd like to
support the show, and the station that brings you the show, then why not
make a donation!

You can either ring in now or during the live show on Sunday June 18th
between 11 and 11:30am, or send your donation to PO Box 1277 Collingwood,
VIC 3066, or drop in to 21 Smith in Fitzroy.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT,
Juliet

EARTH MATTERS can be heard on 3CR in Melbourne Sunday 11am, 2XX Canberra
Tuesday 10am, 8CCC Alice Springs Sundays between 8-9pm, 2NCR Lismore Friday
10am, 5UV Adelaide Thursday 2pm, 7LTN Launceston Monday 7:30pm, 2VOX
Wollongong between 9-10am & much more!!

Earth Matters
Program 102b

Juliet Fox
3CR Community Radio
ComRadSat Program 16/6/2000
INTRO : "Hello and welcome to =85"
OUTRO : "... next week."
DURATION : 25'25" (frogs til around 27'00")

SHARON BEDER, "Global Spin: the corporate assault on environmentalism"
Sharon Beder is the author of "Global Spin, the corporate assault on
environmentalism." Today Sharon joins us to discuss the revised edition of
the book which takes a particular look at Greenpeace's involvement in
building the dream of the "green" Olympics.

Sharon Beder maintains that the major environmental crisis that we
currently face is not one of biodiversity loss, or land clearing, but of
corporate domination over what we see, hear, think and believe. Today
Sharon joins Earth Matters to discuss Greenpeace's role in the "green"
Olympics push, the repercussions this has, and the general trends that
environment groups have taken in recent years with regard to "solution"
finding.
IN: "Well I mean basically we have all these =85"
OUT: "=85 membership or their subscriptions up."
DUR: 9'56"

SHORT BREAK
"Will Greenpeace continue to uphold the principles of its founders, or will
it become just another symbolic marketing hook, a subscription sold to
suburban householders to be taken in regular doses as a palliative for
environmental anxiety while they continue their lifestyle as polluting
producers and consumers?"

Given that Greenpeace is seen by so many as being a key element of the
Australian environment movement, I asked Sharon what the responses had been
to her attacks on Greenpeace.=20
IN: "Umm well when I first published =85"
OUT: "=85 running after their tails in a way."
DUR: 11'00"