Launch of Melbourne's new political street theatre
         KEEP LEFT THEATRE

Who are we ?- We are what used to be the Rapid Response Team of the
Melbourne Workers Theatre. As such we performed for anti. McDonalds,
workers rights,Timor, Albert Park ,carers rights, the Tram conductors,
women in prison, and of course  S11.  We won the Brunswick Street festival
best performance award, and then wrote and performed our own piece 'S11 -
The Dividing Line' to great acclaim.

Why Keep Left Theatre ?  The Melbourne Workers Theatre has not performed a
political play worthy of the name for several years and has performed none
at all this year. Early this year shortly after the S11 play the RR team
was told that it was to be suspended until further notice. The reason given
was the legal and administrative problems of the Melb Workers Theatre in
relation to the RRT, not that anybody believed this was the real reason,
but it provided a smoke screen for a sharp turn to the right and  away from
the workers movement.

Keep Left Theatre will be at the service of the workers movement and the
community, green, women's and Koorie struggles.

Theatre is a potent tool that can change things
THE LEFT NEEDS A POLITICAL THEATRE
COME TO OUR GRAND LAUNCH

Keep Left Theatre will launch itself on Tuesday the 26th of June at the
Comrades Bar 514 Swanston Street Melbourne ( near  Queensberry St ) starting
7.00 p.m.

There will be two bands, finger food, a music jam with Didge, lots of great
theatre sketches,  bar prices and more Cost $10/ $5/Donation.

Inquires Frank 93185271 or Chris 94894776
Tuesday 26th of June  at the Comrades Bar  at 7.00 pm

Regards,
Jenny Campbell