===> please forward to contacts + lists...

REFUGEE ACTION COLLECTIVE (WEST)
ph 9689 9867 for info.

PLEASE NOTE- due to the federal election our planned Rock Against Racism at
Maribyrnong Detention Centre has moved to NOVEMBER 24 (see below for more).

other upcoming events:

 >>> 7PM (THIS) THURS, OCT 11 = CAMPAIGN & ORGANISING MEETING
              (we will be meeting FORTNIGHTLY from now on!!)
     if you want to have a say in what we do & future events
     come along to these informal organising meetings
     @ Above the Asylum Seekers Centre
     207 Nicholson St, FOOTSCRAY (just past grasslands)

 >>> 7PM WED, OCT 24 = PUBLIC MEETING
              Western Residents AGAINST RACISM
     A meeting bringing together local migrant, refugee and anti-racist
     activists. With the "war on terrorism" prompting a broader racist
     backlash this forum is a crucial step in the campaign to free the
     refugees and end racist scapegoating. Stay tuned for details

 >>> 1PM SATURDAY, NOV 24 = ROCK AGAINST RACISM, rock for refugees
     One of RAC (West) main projects will be building a major concert outside
     Maribyrnong Detention Centre on Nov 24 to highlight these prisons, and
     build the campaign against them. Come to our organising meetings
     to help out.
_ _ _ _

Once again, RAC (West) will meet fortnightly from this thursday.

this thursdays meeting is at 7pm above the Asylum Seekers Centre,
207 Nicholson St, Footscray.

ph 9689 9867 for more information about RAC (West).