Women's History Month 2002 - Celebrating Women in Australian
History
http://www.trivium.net/womenshistorymonth

(To participate in the discussion forum you will need to register - just
follow the on-screen instructions)

 From Monday 11 March to Friday 22 March I will be conducting a
discussion for Women's History Month on women with disabilities and
leadership - "Locking our daughters away". The aim is to explore the
current position of women with disabilities in the context of where we
have come from and what we would still like to achieve.

I am particularly interested in women with disabilities achieving
leadership positions and taking responsibility for making decisions
about the community. At this stage I think we are still not being given
the responsibility for making decisions for ourselves, much less running
large companies and governments, running large budgets, and making the
decisions that affect our whole community.

Is the community still uncomfortable with assigning women with
disabilities intelligence? Does it have a problem trusting women who it
still cannot believe are just as capable of making the tough decisions?

All are welcome, including our sisters overseas.
log-on to http://www.trivium.net/womenshistorymonth and join in!

Christina

Christina Ryan
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]