M1 -- MAY DAY 2002

Plans are well in advance for this year's M1 -- May Day (1 May 2002) in
Melbourne. Building on the great success of last year's M1 which started
with a blockade of the Stock Exchange and was followed up with a mass
unity march thru the City, this year we are planning to begin at 7
o'clock in the morning with a blockade of the Department of Immigration
& other federal government offices at the corner of Lonsdale & Spring
Sts in the City.

The blockade will be followed by a trade union & community UNITY march
through the City.

The main slogans of M1 are:

Stop the war on refugees
Stop the war on the Third World
Stop the war on workers and unions
Stop the war on Indigenous people
Stop the war on the environment
ANOTHER WORLD IS POSSIBLE

Already a number of key unions such as the Construction Forestry Mining
& Energy Union (CFMEU) and the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
(AMWU) have endorsed M1 and are planning stop work action on the day.
The Melbourne Trades Hall Council has also endorsed action on the day.

But we need more activists to get involved to build the largest possible
action on M1, so come along to the M1 Organising Collective meetings.

They are held every Monday night at 6.30pm
@ New International Bookshop
Trades Hall
cnr Lygon & Victoria Sts
Carlton

For more info ph 0402 305521 or 9639 8622 or email: Mick Armstrong at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

.