Are you interested in participating?

Present But Not Counted: Rural and Urban Women's Unpaid Labour - A Pilot
Project

For far too long, the everyday community building work done by women has
been invisible and undervalued. We know anecdotally, and instinctually, how
much it contributes to our national economy. We know from people such as
Marilyn Waring and Duncan Ironmonger the extent of this work and its dollar
value. But good systematic qualitative research - exploring the issues from
women's realities - is still needed.

By commencing a study of rural and metropolitan women's labour, this pilot
project supported by the Victorian Women's Trust will create new practical
and theoretical frameworks to measure how women's contribution to the
'private' unpaid economy sustains the 'public' market economy.

Dr Helen Johnson from the University of Queensland is looking for 15 women
aged over 18 to attend a discussion at the Women's Business Matrix in
Brunswick Street, Fitzroy on Tuesday 16 July from 10am to 12 noon. Morning
tea will be served and childcare facilities are available.

A discussion will also take place at the Bendigo Tafe College from 12 noon
to 2pm on Thursday 18 July. A light lunch will be served and childcare
facilities are available.

Please contact Helen on (07) 336 51070 or at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alternatively, contact Trish Pinto at the Victorian Women's Trust on (03)
9642 0422 or at [EMAIL PROTECTED]