[ No apologies for cross-posting - spread it as widely as possible ]

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Vince Caughley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

SYDNEY SOCIAL FORUM
August 17-18, 2002

Attention All M1ers, [and every progressive [not yet;] activist]

We'd like to invite you to participate in the Sydney Social Forum =96
and to be part of one of the most exciting local community
convergences in recent years.

Join with other activists, thinkers and concerned citizens, to
discuss visions for an alternative world...

Inspired by the World Social Forum which has taken place in Porto
Alegre, Brazil, the Sydney Social Forum (in a more modest way) aims
to create a space where participants can:

* gain a broader understanding of activism in Sydney, share
experiences and form links and networks to  help build movements for
change;

* share and discuss analyses of the state of the world, visions of
an alternative world and strategies to get from one to the other;

* discuss and learn more about the nature and significance of the
international Social Forum movement, from the World Social Forum in
Porto Alegre to the emerging regional and city-based Social Forums.

Over the course of a weekend, the SSF will facilitate a variety of
meetings, workshops and other activities (e.g. music and film
presentations) and is open to all.

The Forum aims to become a regular event which can help all of us to
improve our understanding of issues of social justice, globalisation
and sustainability, how our communities are affected, and how we can
work together for positive change.

The Sydney Social Forum can only be a real success with the
participation of a broad range of groups and individuals. If you,
your trade union or organisation would like to:

   * get more information
   * get involved
   * run a workshop or have a great idea for a workshop topic
   * organise a performance
   * make a donation...

please get in touch.

Contact:
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Luke 0419 135 019
   Glen 9282 9553

To join the SSF email news list, send a blank email to:
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the SSF website for info, news and progress reports:
   http://www.sydneysocialforum.org

Cheers,
Vince