GET IT LIVE - GET IT AT TRADES HALL, the home of conscience culture . .
.

NUTS presented by SOUL THEATRE, written by Tom Topor
We will raise awareness about the playís themes of mental illness,
family dysfunction and sexual abuse. Soul Theatre aims to enhance the
voice of the
disadvantaged via this production. Our plan is to entertainingly engage
people to examine their attitudes of judging one another. The lead
character, Claudia
Faith Draper (played by Alicia Liley) is in a proceeding to ascertain
whether she is mentally fit to stand trial on the charge of
manslaughter, first degree.
Ironically, as the court case proceeds, she is the most competent out of
the entire courtroom! The prosecutor believes that she is mentally ill
as Claudia comes from a well-to-do, middle class family yet her
behaviour is unacceptable to the usual expectation.
Tuesday - Saturdayís at 8pm June 27 until July 13 at 8 pm
Sundayís at 7pm  - June30, July 7 and July 14, at 7 pm.
Bookings: 9625 2626
Price: Full $28; Conc. & Union members $20; Group of 10+ $20 each

WILD POLITICS by SUSAN HAWTHORNE LAUNCH presented by Spinifex Press and
the New International Bookshop
Offering an exciting ride into how the world could be, this challenging
book is the one we have been waiting for. For a long time feminists have
been saying we could do life differently, here is a local and global
exploration of what needs to change, what must go, and how together we
can make a new reality.
Synthesising issues that are at the forefront of local and global
politics and social movements of the twenty-first century, Wild Politics
presents a powerful critique of global western culture, challenging many
of its central assumptions and institutions. Susan Hawthorne unpicks the
structures of power and knowledge, law and international trade rules, as
well as probing into the issues that intimately affect us in our daily
lives, such as our perception of land, how food is produced and the
changing shape of work.
Wild Politics concludes with a compelling vision for a world inspire by
biodiversity, and organised around the principal of diversity.
The New Ballroom
6:30pm Thursday, June 27
*FREE Event*
www.spinifexpress.com.au

SAND PEBBLES CD LAUNCH - EASTERN TERRACE
supported by Clare Moore & Her Speckled Band
The Sand Pebbles are renowned at both setting sail on adventurous studio
explorations to the boundaries of pop and soundtrack rock, and playing
engaging and memorable live shows. They've played everywhere from alt.
country festivals to rave chill out rooms. Special studio and stage
guests have included high profile fans like ex-Coral Snake Dave Graney,
guitarist Matt Walker, and Casanovas' wild man Tommy Love.
"...falsetto vocals and easy guitar riffing make me think of Pavement
playing the Stones playing Smokey Robinson..." - Nick Bensen, Free City
Media
Trades Hall Bar,
2pm until 6pm - Sunday, June 30th
Tickets $5 - at the door
www.cameraobscura.com.au

WORLD CUP FINAL
LIVE on a screen sooo big you'll think you're playing as well. The truly
Internationalist game is in our time zone so lets make the most of it.
Round ball round heads come out to play . . . All the other teams are in
the bin and now we are left with the two international power houses of
international football - Brazil VS Germany. Between them they've won the
title seven times and one of these teams has played in every World Cup
Final since WWII (except 1978). The amazing thing is, they've never
played each other in the 72 year history of the World Cup. This will be
THE title fight of soccer history!
Get your studs on, get your balls out and get amongst the worlds BIGGEST
sporting event!!
Trades Hall Bar
from 7pm, game starts 9pm, Sunday June 30th
** FREE **

SONGLINES MUSIC FESTIVAL 2002
Welcome NAIDOC Week with this fantastic annual gig . . . Each year
Songlines produces a showcase concert of the best & brightest indigenous
music makers from across the continent. The Songlines Music Festival is
one of the must see events of the year and you'll be guaranteed of
having a hugely enjoyable evening. Featured artists for the 2002 Concert
will be:- ACES Choir, Liz Cavanagh, Bob Wilson, Chris Jones, Richard
Frankland & Andy Baylor, King Kadu, Gumbadda, Monica Weightman, Little
G, Deneice Hudson Band and Kutcha Edwards Band.
Two big rooms and one huge night of the best music being produced today.
BE THERE!!
The New Ballroom & Trades Hall Bar
8pm Saturday, July 6th
$10 Full/ $8 Conc Tickets at the door
Doors open 7pm

GET IT LIVE - GET IT AT TRADES HALL
54 Victoria St (Cnr Lygon St) Carlton  Ph: 9662 3555
Trades Hall Bar - open nightly from 5pm 'til late
Friday Happy Hours 4-7pm
more info visit www.tradeshallarts.com.au

Quote of the week:
"Howard is an arse-licker. He went over there, kissed some bums and got
patted on the head"
- Mark Latham, on Howard's US trip

-----> Pass it on