* please circulate*

what divides us?

a dialogue on borders

Sunday, July 28
Post Graduate House
University of Melbourne
10.30 am

no one is illegal invites you to a day of discussions, workshops, good cheap
food, films and a live link up with people at teh
Strasbourg No Border Camp in France.

Guest speakers: Angela Mitropolous, Nikos Papastergiadis, Tony Birch, Alex
Koutab

Speaking on:inside / outside, space / non space,  citizen / illegal - What
do we want?
Films screening:  7PM, featuring "Borders" directed by Eran
Riklis and Nurit Kedar and a surprise premire...

In July people will converge in Strasbourg  France to reject the
new global  machines for electronic surveillance and containment.  An
international No Border Camp will be established at the Schengen Information
System headquarters for ten days. Aimed first and foremost at
migrants, the SIS can instantly relay to thousands terminals across Europe
whether a person is wanted for deportation or arrest, plus details on their
movements and activities.
The dialogue on borders will coincide with the last day of
actions in Strasbourg. We can ask....do we need borders?  Do we need
nations? What about concepts of sovereignty?   How will we look and
what about community? How will a borderless world affect the World Cup?

Entry by donation
Evening film screening $7/$5

www.noborder.org/strasbourg

www.antimedia.net/xborder