Dear SpareRoomers

Here is a way of helping make Christmas in detention less miserable:

In the week after Christmas a small group of people will be travelling
from Sydney to visit at Baxter and Woomera. They will be taking donated
goods and presents with them. Below is a list of items we'd love to get
more of to take with us if anyone can help out.

Also they are trying to raise money for part of the costs - all of them
will be paying for personal costs of transport and accomodation, but
need to raise a little bit of money for transporting the goods, trailer
hire, boxing up gifts etc. They'd prefer to work for donations by giving
talks or things like that but for groups located far from sydney that's
not so easy for them.

Please contact Kate Gauthier 02 9590 5290 or  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you have any gifts or funds to donate.

Thanks.  Gift list below

Kate Durham
  <http://www.SpareRoomsForRefugees.com> www.SpareRoomsForRefugees.com

Julian Burnside
-----
Julian Burnside QC
  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  <http://www.julianburnside.com> www.julianburnside.com

All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality.  -  Martin
Luther King, Jr.

---------------------------------
Gift wish list

If anything is being donated 2nd hand, please make sure it is clean and
in good working order. We cannot afford to fix items, or buy missing
cables etc.

In case any new items need to be exchanged, please tape the receipt to
the box, or keep the receipt and write your name and contact details on
a piece of paper taped to the box.

For every item donated we have to raise funds to transport it. Please
help us by donating money towards the transportation costs for your gift.

PLAYSTATIONS
Sony Playstation2 $400 - would be best if we could get them converted so
they can play "Backup" games.
Games - can take playstation 1 and 2
TVs to plug playstations into

RADIOS
10 band radios to get international stations
Sangean 10-band portable Shortwave Receiver
Dick Smith Catalogue# D2834 $69.94

Sangean shortwave antenna booster
Dick Smith Catalogue# D4400
$26.20

CD & CASSETTE PLAYERS
Please note that NO audio equipment can have recording features or it
will not be allowed by ACM. If you cannot find a cassette player without
recording, we can pay to have the recording feature disabled by Tandy in
Port Augusta. Please donate $5-$10 towards this cost.
Dick Smith has a sony CD walkman for $99
Dick Smith has a Digitor CD/radio boom box for $89. Cat #A5545
Dick Smith has a TEAC CD/radio boom box for $129. Cat #A1539
Also have Sharp CD/Radio/Cassette players for $100
Cassette walkmans cost about $15 - $40 each.
Tandy have pretty much the same products for same price

ENGLISH LEARNING TOOLS
Books with cassette or CD are the best kind.
Dictionaries

VIDEOS AND DVDS
Any kind of movies, in english and other languages. If you have any old
ones lying around, pass them on. Some people have said they like Indian
musicals.

BOOKS
Books for children and adults of varying types. Fiction, non-fiction,
educational, picture books etc New and used are fine, but in good
condition please.

SUBSCRIPTIONS
Subscribe someone to a newspaper, or national geographic or gets kids
GEO magazine. Contact Kate Gauthier on  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or 02 9590 5290 if you would like to buy a subscription.

COMPUTERS & COMPUTER ACCCESSORIES
Got an old laptop or desktop or printer you don't use anymore? Please
make sure it is in working order and has all the cables, mouse, keyboard
etc.

We cannot afford and don't have time to sort these things out. If it has
an internal modem, let us know, as that will have to be disabled.

FOOD ITEMS
Non-perishable food Dried Fruit or Nut baskets, biscuits. Muesli bars, etc
etc

Please contact Kate Gauthier on 9590 5290 or  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you have any donations