I purchased a 1000ex (6 ft unit) several years ago from someone in
Seattle, WA area and had it shipped to cental Alabama for about $200.
The previous owner (great guy) crated up the unit and took it to the
dock to avoid the pickup fee. The crate weighed about 250 lbs and was
no problem to slide out of the freight truck into my truck at my
house. I think I used Old Dominion. I just did internet shopping to
find a reasonable priced shipper. some of their web sites will give
you a quote for shipping if you have the dimensions of the crate and
the estimated weight. I think the trick is finding a seller that is
willing to crate up the mill for you.
Dexter