There is an antibellum house on the Bluff overlooking the river in
Vicksburg MS that was being built when the war of northern aggression
started. Most of the tradesmen were from the north and when hearing that
war had started, dropped their tools and left. Those tools are still laying
right where they dropped them today. The bottom two floors were completed
and the workers were working on the two top floors. I remember seeing a
picture of a hammer a bucket of nails among the incomplete room. Really
cool that was left intact.
Dexter