From: "'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental Mills"
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:56:57 PM
Subject: Re: enlarging turning capacity of a legacy

ok, down and dirty for today...photos show all three pieces in the jig...head
stock, spindle drive head stock and tail stock...tail stock welded together, no
paint(sorry, curtis!)...again used the double morse taper between the tail
stock and the spindle drive...used the coupling for the spindle drive to align
it with the first head stock...all level and aligned on all planes...bit of a
bear to get it all straight...i think the heat from welding the tail stock may
have twisted it a bit, but a little bit of heat while all was lined up
straightened out that problem...i believe those slots in the tail stock weakens
it a bit...i'll probably add some metal in spots to reinforce the tail stock a
bit, but still allowing access to the screws on the ends...did not have any
issues with any other pieces twisting or warping...so i'll assume it's the
slots that caused the problem...should button this up tomorrow...then it's on
to the gear train!...and back to a functioning machine!...oh yeah, right after
i mess with the "Y" axis carriage a bit...but that is fairly
simplistic...joe...p.s. to michelle...you've got some beard for a chick!