Nice.
Good point Mike.
I like that one. ;-)

From: "Okla Mike (Liltwisted)" <legacym...@iglide.net>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 12:19:13 PM
Subject: Re: horizontal vise

Another thing you may want to consider is to actually mill your shims right in
place.  Double side tape a 1" strip of MDF to both side by the stops and the
clamps.  Then mill them down far enough to be able to be able to get a good
hold on the finish piece you need flat.  This milling will be very quick and
will make the surface of the shim boards exactly parallel with top rails.  Now
also the advantage to this step is you know your "0" point.  You will be able
to adjust your gauge or your plunge stop to the final thickness you desire.
Enjoy your perfectly planed board.

Mike
OK