From: "CURTIS GEORGE" <curtgeo...@wowway.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 7:56:00 PM
Subject: Re: homemade z axis upgrade

Hello Cole

I know that Bill had made his own Z axis a while back, but I dont have any of
this pictures on hand.But I believe his Z axis was more similar to what Legacy
made,and more cosmetically pleasing to the eye then what I made. (perhaps you
can find some pictures of his on our archives?)

My Home made Z axis looking somewhat different form the norm, but despite
that,I really like it.
The rack-on-pinon movement is just awesome, ( I have great control,of the
movement, both up and down,) It has 8" of plug depth .and I have a fine
adjustment control for my plunge movement. It has everything that I need for
the moment, I even designed this Z axis to be broken down easily for future
modifications .( Those have still yet to be done.but I still have many ideas
and dreams left yet to chase/pursue .)
But one step at a time. There will be more to come on this, in the future.;-)
I hope this helps?
Ive added two photos of the Shadow unit although it is Legacy made, I believe
it was a pro to type. (and I think it was a thing of beauty! ONE worth coping
If you plan to make your own.)
Have a good night.