Mac,
You are correct that it is (will be) a corner wall cabinet that will have
an appliance garage below (all built as one). The complication is that the
45 degree joint between the plywood and solid wood face frame is a finished
edge. I join the two with a rabbit joint to get a solid glue connection
between face frame and side panel. Not easy to make that joint fit tight
with the clamping angle and odd shape. Hence the 18 clamps on the
one cabinet.
db