​Has any one in the group any suggestions for producing an ellipse on a flat
board WITHOUT USING A TEMPLATE OR DOING IT FREEHAND.  Basically what I am
hoping to locate is a jig idea or a stroke of genius.

What I am planning to make is a jewellery box with an ellipse shaped lid or
some form of ellipse shaped design feature.  The ellipse will be around 9" by
6" and I will be using my recently acquired Model 900.

Yes I finally got a Model 900, not bad considering that in my time as Legacy's
agent here in Europe I sold over 100 manual machines and a number of CNC.

I found that when I was running my business that I never had time to pursue
woodworking as a hobby. Then in my first couple of years of retirement that I
also never had time due to moving house and then getting a workshop and sorting
out the garden. But now I am hoping to use this Legacy and get back to
woodturning.

Cheers
Roger