Totally agree Joe
I have made walking Canes with a good taper on my old Woodchuck using a
straight 1/2 inch metal work Milling cutter, spindle revs high and feed
rate not to fast.and they turned out well with hardly any sanding
Very handy having power feed to both spindle and carriage I must admit
though

* Jim,* hope you soon get it sorted all part of the fun .There is so much
to learn with the Legacys
Cheers
Richard