I have been watching this thread with interest. Last year I placed an add
on a metal work forum for a 4 tpi tap. Or for someone to turn the acme
thread.
I man said he could turn the thread so that I could turn it into a Tap *He
did but when I picked it up it was all wrong*-------left hand wrong thread
pattern-------- no good at all.
NOW the strange thing is the thread fits the nearly worn out half nut. I
have been talking to Bill on this . I am puzzled as to how this happens. No
doubt it's my brain playing tricks again ! ! !
Regards
Richard