Hi Roger,
Just feel I have to respond to your missive, I am English although I live
in Texas now. The response you sent to me regarding my criticism of the
Legacy organisation is different from this one but let me answer you.
1. When the market took a downturn it involved all industries not just
Legacy, luckily these other companies did not take the Legacy view and
essentially abandon an existing customer base.
2. Surviving difficult times may well involve developing new products/
markets but ignoring an existing customer base is ludicrous. All it does is
lose existing business and develop a group of ex customers with an axe to
grind.
3.Your statement that Legacy have changed bears no relevance to reality,
they have only changed by deciding to make public their decision to abandon
their customers to their own devices.
4. When I was in business it occasionally involved ending support for a
product, this did not mean just walking away from our customers. I would
find another way to support the products, this may well mean finding
another company or even a person who could do this. This has meant,
occasionally, a new company being created which flourished and ended up
employing more people.
5. I can only assume you have never had to run a business as your comments
seem to me to be naive, I ran Ops for a small multi-national with 6 sites
in Germany, UK and USA and so I feel qualified to criticize.
6. Constructive feedback ref poor service was something I appreciated from
my customers as it was a way to improve service and not regarded as
"bleating"
7.Finally in your response to ME you stated that we would be better
employed doing something constructive for veterans/ remembrance day than
"bleating" about Legacy customer service..My family lost one member on the
Burma railway, another shot up on D Day , another lost during the blitz of
London.As such I consider your cavalier remarks about what we should do
regarding remembrance day both offensive and just a way of deflecting from
the subject, my family are well aware  of their duties during this annual
event.Your comment somewhat surprised me considering your claim to have a
military background.
My personal experience makes me well aware of the skill sets, cash flow and
staff needed to run an international business and as such I feel well
qualified to criticize what I consider to be poor service, and I have done
so.
As I previously.stated I say it the way it is, and not defend the way I
wish it was.
Ron T.