Tim
On second thoughts I think you are right, --my next bright idea is to turn
an alloy ring to fit the gear allowing clearance for the teeth but allowing
the 24 holes to be seen and used. Then drill three holes in the ring
,pulley and gear drill and tap the gear and fasten all three together. A
permanent fix.//??
I did hope to get more responses  from the group, have they all stored
their LOM's away??????????
Richard