Thanks to all for the advice.  Love getting such quick responses!!

I am using the Magnate 2704 Bottom Cleaning bit (brand new) so expected a
pretty smooth cut.  The rails look OK.  I'm suspecting the router might
have shifted slightly during the move to my shop.  Think I'll try
dis-assembling it and re-assembling it, checking how level it is.

I'll keep you posted on the results.
Thanks to you all.
CS