-------- Original message --------From: Richard Ellis <rchrd.ell...@gmail.com>
Date: 8/27/19  9:36 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> Subject: Re: milling waves curts
wave attachment TimI should have said higher waves and not longer in other
words more stormy at sea ! !!!!!!!!MY mistakeRichardOn Tuesday, August 27, 2019
at 5:32:52 PM UTC+1, Tim wrote:No, it will not make a change. What you will see
by changing to a duplex gear with a. Different tooth count will result in the
number of waves per pitch. It's been too long for me to remember the number of
waves per pitch.  I think using the standard duplex you would get 4 waves per
pitch and the 2x would be two waves per pitch.  Don't hold me to those
numbers!Sent from Samsung tablet-------- Original message --------From: Richard
Ellis <rchrd...@gmail.com> Date: 8/27/19  7:19 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Legacy
Ornamental Mills <legacy-orna...@googlegroups.com> Subject: Re: milling waves
curts wave attachment Hi TimDo you think it will do the longer waves just by
making a longer piston rod.RichardOn Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 2:43:30 PM
UTC+1, Tim wrote:Just a quick response to my reciprocate.  I never intended the
attachment to be used with any other gear than the standard duplex gear.  When
I did make a long pitched wave I used my poormans duplex gear that was made up
of stock legacy gears in between the leadscrew and the duplex gear.TimSent from
Samsung tablet-------- Original message --------From: 'Curt George' via Legacy
Ornamental Mills <legacy-orna...@googlegroups.com> Date: 8/27/19  5:57 AM
(GMT-08:00) To: legacy-orna...@googlegroups.com Subject: Re: milling waves
curts wave attachment
        Good morning.Richard. I have not used Tim's version of the wave
attachment, If you say its no possible, I will have to take your word on it.
So On to the next step. How can we make it do what you want?I was hoping that
with the videos and pictures, people in our group would start to see, How easy
the attachment really is, and Thus start looking to make there own versions.I
made a version years ago that was spring loaded, and I used two steel saw
blades for my lock and adjustment, The teeth (or the saw blade) were my lock
and since the  teeth were all uniformed, My hope would be that this jig would
be more accurate . sadly it really wasn't any better then what I had made
before. so I keep on looking. the attachment that I show/ use today, is my
third attempt,on making the wave attachment.If you like I can look and see if I
still have the photo's of the older versions? I am sure I still have some, but
I can not find them at this min. ( I am not sure where to find the old files?)
the center hub was the only thing that changed over the years.  My first
version had screw holes in the center hub, the second was the saw blade teeth,
and the third was what I showed you.I can go into more latter.but at this time
I need to stop.Have a good day.C.A.G.

                    On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 03:17:17 AM EDT, Richard Ellis