From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tim Ziegler
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:55 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Looking for new miniature profile router bits

Hey Curt,

Check out the line of Viel tools out of Canada.

https://www.vieltools.com/

I have both the profile grinder and the blade, cutter and bit grinder.

They are not Weinig machines by far but for what we do and you take your time
they are great.

As for regrinding carbide into other profiles I only recommend using a grinder
equipped with a

coolant stream. If you get carbide to warm trying to sharpen or reshape the
bonding agent lets go

and you start getting micro chipping or break down and soon the bit is shot.

I could add a lot of information to this subject as I was a tooling Tech for 20
of my 27 years at WoodCraft Industries Inc.

Let me know if you have other questions I could maybe help with.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:57 PM 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> > wrote:

Hello

Years ago Rockler woodworking shops sold a miniature profile route bits, I
bought a few back then but have not seen anything like them since.

Today I found this.

https://www.wonkeedonkeetrend.co.uk/trend-router-cutters-for-specific-applications/doll-s-house-router-cutters/

Doll house router cutters.  I have no idea on the quality, OR prices?  but this
is the first site that sells router bits like what I want.  I know Amana sells
some miniature profiles, but I either already own the ones I want, or the price
it outside my confront zone. (If I need something I buy it, but if I just want
something, then I do my research and or make it my self.) (being Frugal
sometimes is a pain! ) ;-p

In the past I tried to re-grind my own HSS router bits, but those days are all
but gone.

Mike offered the group to have some custom cut carbide bits made a few years
ago.  I also know that Magnate will custom make profiles. (but I've not used
there services as yet.)

Dose anyone know, and or have the knowledge to make your own profiles/ tricks
and ways of doing so?

Can Carbide router bits be re-ground to new profiles?

Any and all ideas are up for topic.

talk to you all more latter.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/1622342233.331991.1632373025719%40mail.yahoo.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/1622342233.331991.1632373025719%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>