From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tim Ziegler
Sent: Monday, 17 October 2022 1:09 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: ornamental milling for beginners episode 5

Well in my opinion and this will go back a while back on carbide.

Brazed on Carbide is not usually as hard of grade, as the inserts.

The insert carbide is a better bet and will out last a brazed on but

at least 4 times as long on just one edge. then you have 3 more edges to

change out. But you have to buy a good brand. As the china carbide is

not as good as other brands.  See link:

https://www.acmetools.com/freud-spoilboard-surfacing-rabbeting-bit-tm1465/008925135593.html

Freud's bits are expensive but I tend to favor them, having most of my everyday
router bits being freud.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 8:32 PM 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> > wrote:

I agree that one is not badly priced. But what I want it first hand info.

Do you OR anyone in this group, think the replicable blades are as good or
better then the normal carbide router bit? I would really like to know what you
think?

C.A.G.

On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 09:27:03 PM EDT, Tim Ziegler