Hello Everyone.
This Lead screw replacement MOD is a Very easy project for any one to try.
It is not the End-All-Be-All of MOD's, but for small turnings this MOD can
really help you out.And for the price? ($11.01 for a 3' acme screw.) I think
it's well worth the effort.  And the really neat part is, I can go back in min.
to what My Legacy originally had.  For my Legacy 200 its only two sets of
set-screws that need to be loosened upso the leadscrew can be removed. And IF I
did the same thing on my 1000ex. it would be just as simple. (the acme screw is
longer, but only two set of screws are only needed to be loosened in orderto
remove and replace this acme screw.) the split nut is easy to make, and even
easer to switch form oneto the other.Something for everyone to think about? Why
not try it ???
I plan to try to get  into the shop tomorrow morning and do some more testing
on this MOD.If I do I will let everyone know more, If I cant, my next day off
is Sunday. And I promise, that I will be in the shop then. ;-)
I think, Legacy Slogan is true.   "Legacy, Where your only Imitation, is your
Imagination".
Have a good night.
C.A.G.

    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 02:06:43 AM EDT, <bulke...@mmnet.com.au>