No the sprockets are not off a bike I bought them from a shop near me here down
under

http://bendigobearings.com.au/products/sprockets/ they have all I need

Bill

From: 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 1, 2023 10:12 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: range of pitches, two questions

Good morning everyone.

Bill I have a question on your gears?

Where did you find those gears that you used? Are they form a bike?

I find "OLD SCHOOL" stuff like chain and gears are today not as easy to find,

Most hardware stores no longer carry things like chain and... anymore.

C.A.G.

On Monday, May 1, 2023 at 06:35:10 AM EDT, cdkr...@gmail.com
<mailto:cdkr...@gmail.com>  <cdkra...@gmail.com <mailto:cdkra...@gmail.com> >
wrote:

Thank you all for the suggestions!  I, too, like the sprocket set up for the
finer ratios. It can offer a really broad range of ratios once set up.  Thank
you for the reminder, Bill.  I'll put that spice in the pot and see what soup
tastes like!

Has anyone mounted a worm gear configuration attempting to get to the very
large ratios?

I have only the standard gear set on the REVO if I understand correctly.  At
$200 a whack, I can afford to dream up alternatives, like the worm gear.

DanK