Curt, I smiled at never reaching goals.  That has to be very frustrating in
the
long run.  The guys who try to tackle Mt. Everest do so in planned stages,
knowing those stops will be desperately needed, for emotional and physical
reasons.

How I divvy up the checkering goal is an example of celebrating each
plateau with the understanding that the peak is still pending. The
refreshment
also helps with strategic planning details of the next move.

Everyone operates differently and one does what works for them.

I had a friend who sneaked up on me in a grocery store while I was idly
leaning
on a cart waiting for my wife in the next aisle.  He slapped me painfully
hard
on the shoulder blade and in a voice that everyone in the supermarket could
hear shouted "Where're you headed, Dan?"  Totally stunned and shocked I
mumbled "I don't know...."  He laughed gleefully and said unforgettably,
"Well
then, how will you know when you get there?"

Memorable.
DanK