That idea does seem to simplify Dans concept

Bill

From: 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2023 5:22 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Woodturning Newsletter - What You Don't Know

Hello Guys!  Just work up. (its 1:56pm.) Long night at work I got home form a
15hr day at 5:30am.

I only state this due to me coming to this topic late...

I have not seen this video. (Nice)  But for the Group We can  use these disks
in the same way as Ron Brown shown. But We can also use them in another way.

By making a simple jig to mount onto these type of disks, We can lock the plate
together with the spindle so that we can move the part separately form the
Legacy gearing system.  Meaning By using a indexing system together with the
gears of the Legacy, Can/Will allow you to do more complex ropes easer with out
all this carriage movement as for the offsetting of each rope.

The idea is a modification form Mike P.'s carriage indexing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcFpO51upw (Mike's video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYb-fe4GS8M (My indexing Mod.)

NOTE: Same but different concepts, Mike uses the acme screw for the indexing, I
am using the gears, Not trying to get anyone confused, so I need to clarify
things.

No onto the "Brown's best"  Indexing plates.  By making a locking method for
the 1-8" headstock of the Legacy, you can lock his indexing plates onto the
Legacy, Then you can lock the part onto the plate, by removing the indexing pin
will allow you to index the part while leaving the gears locked into place.
This makes it easer for indexing flutes, and or roping. (depending on your
needs.)

NOTE: on my roping indexing plates are made to be simple, 2,3,4,6,8. indexes so
I do not have to count holes, My goal was to make things more simple, But using
a more adaptable indexing plate (like these Brown indexing plates) will allow
more possibility's,  (similar to Dan's checkering)

Have a good day everyone.

C.A.G.

On Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 10:56:33 PM EDT, Tim Ziegler