-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dee
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:28 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] exporting made more people??

Okay, I compared the lists.  Here are all the steps.  I started with a file
called Gagliardi line.  In the name list, it says it has 253 people.  I
exported it to a Legacy File on my own computer.  I told it choose all
records, export private people, keep the original ID #'s, formate names nad
palces, export general To Do's, exclude LDS info.  I told it Don't Assign a
Source.  The new file is called Export Gagliardi.  Its Name List says it has
255 people in it.  BUT, when I compare them, they have exactly the same
RIN's.  Now there's a mystery!  Why does it say there are two more in the
new file??  It would really be good to understand this.

I tried it again, not excluding LDS info or private info, etc., and got the
same results -- always two extra people supposedly in the file.  I counted
and compared twice, with the files side by side, on a split screen, going
down one by one.  I was pretty careful, though I can't say I'm perfect.

The reason for the export is to go on to export another file into it and
make a combined file.  But I want to be sure I have the complete info and no
extras.  Help  (small whimper)??

Dee