-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ronald
Whitney
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 12:10 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: [LegacyUG] Creating CD's to share with relatives using Passage
Express

For  quite a few years I have been using Legacy to create web pages that
I convert into autorun CD's which can be viewed by anyone with a
computer that has a browser.  So, I was quite excited to see Legacy is
now providing free software to create CD's.

After a lengthy download over my dial-up connection (my grandkids say I
am so 20th century), I started using the new software.  My initial
excitement soon turned into disappointment.  The interface was great and
it worked well on the computer I used to create the CD.  But, when I
tried to use it on my laptop which has Legacy installed I found I needed
to transfer the file and open it in Legacy in order to view it.  Next, I
tested the CD on a computer that doesn't have Legacy and learned I would
have to download Legacy in order to view anything but the pictures and
links to my website.

Am I missing something?  Most of my relatives don't want Legacy
installed on their computers unless they are actively doing genealogy
research, so the CD is useless to them.  If they already have Legacy,  I
can simply send them the appropriate .fdb file.  If they want Legacy, I
can save them the download by sending the setup exe along with the fdb.
There are many programs which allow me to produce CD's with images,
sounds, etc.  What advantage is there in using this new software.  Does
the paid version offer enough additional features to justify the cost?
I honestly can't envision buying it without having a trial period to
test it, particularly after my disappointment with the free version.

I hope those of you using this new software can let me know what I am
overlooking that makes it worth using.

Ron W.

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features
at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.